EnTeQ were contracted on behalf of a global IVB to perform a FSA 3 for an oil & gas operator in UKCS North Sea.
The safety system had just been commissioned and needed to be verified according to UKHSE safety regulations, which requires all safety critical systems on offshore installations to be independently verified.
- Ensure compliance with IEC 61511 and 61508.
- Check for good engineering practice.
- IEC 61511 and 61508.
- Reviewed PH&RA and LOPA.
- Reviewed SRS, PFD calculations & design specifications.
- Reviewed validation and verification plan, management philosophy and performance monitoring strategy.
- Checked FATs, SATs, operation and maintenance procedures.
- Performed gap analysis.
- Produced assessment reports.
- Hold review meetings with client.
- Identified gaps to achieving compliance with IEC 61511 and IEC 61508.
- Agreed actions for close out.